Saturday, February 5, 2011

Health is Wealth


It took a really long time for me to get down to writing something again. Though the reason, being my ill health, is immaterial to mention here, yet the lessons i learnt from it is worth recollecting. All our life we have read, heard and known in principle the adage that "health is wealth". I myself did so too. And cared for it as good as i could, or at least I thought so. Yet the erratic condition of my health for past some time has made me sit down and think deeply about it. Having got a decent job, couple of good friends, positive outlook as well as all the familial love and support, in brief all the necessary requirements i had and i was genuinely leading a happy life. But all this got eclipsed once i fell ill. It used to happen every single time i got sick in the past too, however i didn't learn anything significant then. But now, since my not-so-well health unexpectedly derailed my usual daily routine, i have sincerely come to realise that all is not well unless one’s health is not well. Meanwhile i read some blogs concerning lessons for leading a happy life, i was little surprised when i invariably found health as one of the top priorities in all of them.
There was no point in writing this as a blog post, there really wasn’t any, as people aren't as negligent about health matters as I am, but i have a little doubt in mind, IS THAT REALLY SO?

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Though it's very generic topic but worth MARKing so that it can be referenced later. No doubt Health is the Best Wealth everyone can Have, But Fast moving lifestyle, irregular routine, depending on machines (which has drastically reduced human effort) & unhealthy food habits are making it a real challenge to consistently maintain good Health.

    At any point in time I'm ready to loose all my money & luxuries but don't want to fall sick on bed for a single day. BY saying that I don't really remember last time I visited doctor with any health issues.

    Reason behind maintaining good health I believe is: "चाणक्य नीति" [Couple of years ago I read the book (http://kvblalibrary.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/chanakya-niti.pdf) ]: One of his नीति illustrates the importance of WATER, You will surely like it:

    "Water is the medicine for indigestion;
    it is invigorating when the food that is eaten is well digested;
    it is like nectar when drunk in the middle of a dinner;
    and it is like poison when taken right after the end of a meal."

    *NOTE Last point, Most of folks drink glass full of water right after meal, & as per चाणक्य thats worst you can do with your body.

    I do feel, Water has power to flush out all toxic elements present inside body and recharges the system. To get more of it, since Jan 1st 2010 I also started giving little rest to Abdominal functionality by fasting on Tuesday night & just drinking 1 Liter of water every hour (6:00pm - 10:00pm), it has shown marvelous effect on my body / health.

    Fasting every week was uneasy initially but they say “It’s sometime difficult to do simple things”.

    ReplyDelete